We are pleased to introduce Trimble Connect Extension 2.0
The Trimble Connect extension for SketchUp provides direct access to projects, models, and other features of the Trimble Connect platform. Create a model in SketchUp and then Publish to a Project and share with team members. Import a model into SketchUp to use as a reference model. Pull in changes from collaborators as needed. Make changes and re-publish your model.
What’s New in 2.0!
- ToDo’s - These are project related tasks that can be associated to specific models, assigned to specific users and prioritized. Keep your team on track with ToDo’s.
- Comments - Need to give feedback on certain elements of your model? Use comments to communicate with other team members.
- Improved Model Referencing - We’ve made it far simpler to import, align, and update referenced models.
- Collaboration Manager - This is where you can create and manage ToDos, manage reference models and add comments about a model. The buttons across the top allow you to see the various panes: ToDos, Comments, Reference Models and Launch Trimble Connect
- Open and Publish Dialogs - These have been improved to be faster and more user friendly.
- New ID Options - Now you can log in with a Trimble ID, or with a Google account. Users that do not have, or cannot create a Google account can now create a new Trimble ID account using any email address as their username. Hooray for options!
This version works only in SketchUp 2017. If you don’t have SketchUp 2017, please consider upgrading at this time. Otherwise, see version 1.1 of the Trimble Connect extension.
For more information on Trimble Connect visit - http://connect.trimble.com/
Your use of the Trimble Connect extension for SketchUp is subject to the Trimble Extension End User License Agreement.
Once installed, the Trimble Connect Extension will be located under the File > Trimble Connect menu.
Open Model… - Open a Sketchup file hosted on Connect.
Collaboration Manager…- Manage To Do’s, Comments, and Model References.
Publish Model…- Upload a SketchUp model to a Connect Project.
Publish As… - Upload a model to a specific folder or upload model with a new name.
Import Reference Model… - Imports a model file (skp, ifc, dwg, dxf) to use as a reference. The geometry in a reference model can be leveraged to coordinate modeling tasks between different stakeholders on a project. A layer will be created for each reference model to help you manage visibility. Reference Models are positioned based on the origin of the file. They are also locked. To re-align a reference model, open the Collaboration Manager. Then click on the manage reference models button at the top, and then click on the details for a particular reference model.
Launch Trimble Connect…- Opens the full Trimble Connect web app inside SketchUp. This allows you to manage your projects folders, add todos and configure Trimble Connect.