Select a group or component and activate the tool for an analysis of what would prevent it from being a solid manifold.
Alternativly, just open the group or component and activate the tool. Saves you from jumping in and out of the object while editing.
The analysis of the objects might be slow if you have very large and complex models.
Note that this extension require SketchUp 2014 or newer. If you have an older version of SketchUp, refer to the old Solid Inspector.
- Click on an group or component to analyse it for holes.
- Use Tab (Shift+Tab) to cycle through and zoom to the errors.
- Click on the Fix or Fix All buttons in the dialog that appear.
Menus & Toolbars
- Tools » Solid Inspector²
- Toolbars » Solid Inspector²
- SketchUp 2014 or newer. For older SketchUp versions, use version 1.
Please post back in the SketchUp forums in this thread: http://forums.sketchup.com/t/solid-inspector/5117
State your SketchUp version, OS, and any error messages you might be faced with. Sample models and screenshots also helps greatly to resolve problems.
I'd be happy if you donate a cookie (or a beer) if you find my plugins useful.