We LOVE SketchUp! But the text, not so much.
Because SketchUp text is a "face me" object, it jumps around and will not stay put as you orbit your model. And because no two apps image text the same way, it is hard to get WYSIWYG text output to printers or CAD. So we invented FlatText.
This is lettering done Old School.
Like 3D Text, it goes where you put it, and stays there. Unlike 3D Text, you can edit everything about it.
If you export a lot of text to CAD, this is a great way to get true WYSIWYG performance. No more cleaning up your text in CAD. You can even set the colors of the text, leader lines, and arrowheads. Pretty cool!
FlatText comes with four built-in fonts, and you can get free font packs with several more fonts here.
Please watch the videos to see FlatText and FlatLeader at work. You can download a sample file here.
New in Version 3.2:
- Hidden Glyphs - By popular request, glyph and arrowhead components are now hidden in the Component Browser.
- New Font - DPSimple is a drop-in replacement for AHSimplex. Same size glyphs, with half as many edges. Great for large text blocks and working files, you can replace it all (using Multi-object Revise) with AHSimplex for your finished output!
Changes for Version 3.1:
- Find and Replace - Search and replace text in FlatText and FlatLeader objects. You can search in all visible objects or just the ones you select!
- Multi-object Revise - Now the FT & FL Revise tools work on all visible objects or just the ones you select!
BIG CHANGES FOR VERSION 3.0:
- Support for international character sets (Unicode).
- New fonts, including Simplex, Duplex, and Complex, with lots of new characters like ø, ü, ß, €, ™, Å, ¿
- "Lossless" substitutions. If a font doesn't include a character you typed, FlatText will insert a "wanted poster" showing the character's image and unicode number. Send us your wanted posters and we'll add those characters to the font!
- Single, double, and 1.5 line spacing.