This is a viewer for entity and model attributes. Attributes in SketchUp are additional pieces of information that can be stored with any entity, like groups, components, scenes. For example one can store a part number, unit price, weight or notes with an entity and read or modify that information later. All attributes are included in SketchUp's report feature.
This inspector tries to keep the user interface minimal and very efficient: Just like SketchUp's inspector dialogs, it lets you select one or more entities and displays their attributes. By editing the text fields, changes are immediately applied to the entities.
Usage: (Menu) Window → Attribute Inspector
The dialog shows the attribute dictionaries of the currently selected drawing element. Use SketchUp's selection tool to select another elements.
Press the +, ‒ buttons on the left side to add or remove a attribute dictionary, and press +, ‒ on the right side to add or remove an attribute.
To select other types of entities, choose the type from the dropdown and do:
- drawing elements: use SketchUp's selection tool to select one or more drawing elements in the model (edges, faces, groups…)
- definitions: use SketchUp's selection tool to select components/groups/images
- materials: use the materials browser and select a material. Attribute Editor will show the current material (could be not working on OS X due to API bug)
- layers: use the layer manager and check the radio button of the layer
- scenes: use the scenes manager and double-click the scene (to make it the current scene)